DUE TO PROVINCIAL BUDGET CUTS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE INTERLIBRARY LOAN SERVICES AFTER APRIL 25TH, 2019.
The Augusta Township Public Library strives to provide a robust collection to our community. However, there will be times when an item is not available, out of print, or doesn’t fit within our collection policy guidelines. If that’s the case for a title you want, we can try to borrow the item on your behalf from another library through our Interlibrary Loan service.
How Do I Request an Interlibrary Loan?
First, make sure we don’t have the title by searching our catalog. You can find a link to our catalog at the top of our website’s left-hand sidebar. If we do have the title you are looking for, you can place an item reservation directly from the item’s page in our catalog. If the item you want is less than 12 months old, we won’t be able to get it through Interlibrary Loan. Instead, please suggest it to us as a possible addition to our collection.
Requests for Interlibrary Loans can be made at the Circulation Desk.
Library users must have a valid library card. To register, provide your full name, address, home phone number and library card number in an email to Augusta@augustalibrary.com or phone 613 926-2449.
What costs are involved?
- Replacement costs for lost/damaged items are determined by the lending library.
- There is no charge for Interlibrary Loan items per se.
What can I borrow?
- Patrons submitting their own interlibrary loan requests may have 10 active requests at any given time.
- Patrons requesting academic materials, microfilm or journal articles may have 3 active requests at any given time.
How long can I borrow an item?
- The item usually arrives within 4 to 6 weeks.
- We’ll call or e-mail you when it is ready to be picked up.
- The loan period is usually about 3 weeks. It is set by the library that lends us the item.